As mentioned above, choosing to work with a Real Estate professional will mean less work, worry, and risk for you during an already busy and stressful time in your life. However, if you decide to sell your home yourself, it is wise to know the risks you could run into. Take a look at a few of the major ones below:
- Incorrect pricing that turns off potential buyers
- Properly understand all legal matters disclosed in writing to protect your interest
- Safety is a big issue when showing your home. You must plan ahead when it comes to showing your home, and take all potential threats into consideration
- Have you been practicing your negotiation skills? Improper negotiation can lose you money or cause you to end up with unrealistic terms
- No being familiar with all aspects of the transaction including the inspection and financing
At the end of the day, the choice to hire a Selling Agent is yours to make. Keep in mind that at RE/MAX, we are always available, willing to answer your home buying and selling questions.